Each year the Conference Committee extends an invitation to Queensland Universities to nominate up to two students for consideration to attend its Conference under the Hosted Student Program.
This Program is assisted financially through sponsorship and the Conference Committee.
A number of students who have participated in the Program have been successfully employed in the mining industry.
The offer to the successful student includes:
- conference registration, which covers attendance at all business sessions, morning and afternoon breaks, lunches and four evening functions
- accommodation (twin share where appropriate) at a nominated hotel, including breakfast. The accommodation offer is confined to selected students only.
- return economy airfare and transfers on Gold Coast, if required.
- Participation in a Student Forum on Tuesday evening with a Q&A style exchange with senior representatives from industry groups.
The selection criteria of students should at least include the following:
- They be undertaking studies within disciplines relevant to the health and safety sector of the mining industry
- They be final year students intending to work in the mining industry OR full time PhD students
- They should have a genuine interest in health and safety in the mining industry
The successful students must agree to the following undertakings:
- a commitment to attend the Conference or to give early written notice of any changed circumstances preventing attendance.
- to provide a brief report on the value of the Conference to the Conference Committee, within one month of the Conference end, for distribution to the Conference Committee.
- to assist the Conference Committee with the set up for the Conference on the Saturday.
If you are able to nominate students for consideration by the Conference Committee, please provide the following for each student:
- Name (Mr, Ms, etc., given name and surname)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Brief details of current studies
- Closest Airport if air travel is required
- Confirm availability
The closing date for this information is by COB on Friday 13 May 2022
Forward applications to the Conference Organiser –
Robert Seaman E: email@example.com