If you haven’t already done so, then it’s now time to start planning for your participation in this year’s Queensland Mining Industry Health and Safety Conference!
We have just launched a NEW WEBSITE and the address is: www.qmihsconference.org.au– please add this address to your ‘favourites’!
To assist you to decide how best to take advantage of this unique Conference, we have posted the following documents to the Conference website.
Call for Presenter Abstracts – Closing on Friday 20 March 2020
Here is the opportunity to be part of the Concurrent Session program held during part of Tuesday and Wednesday. These presentations form an important part of the program and therefore should reflect any advances or solutions to existing problems associated with occupational health and safety issues within the Resources Industries.
Call for Innovation Award Submissions – Closing on Friday 15 May 2020
Take up the opportunity to be selected as one of the five finalists to make a 10 minute presentation on your innovation in the Plenary Session on Monday. The Winner of the Innovation Award Submission will receive $5,000.00 to go towards the cost of a person associated with the innovation to attend a ‘Health and Safety’ related conference, as approved by the Conference Committee’ a Queensland Mining Industry Health and Safety Innovation Award Trophy and a framed Certificate. This prize is sponsored by Komatsu. https://www.qmihsconference.org.au/conference/awards/innovation-awards/
Call for Health Award Nominations Closing on Friday 15 May 2020
Nominate your health program to be in with a chance to receive the Award Perpetual Shield and the winner’s prize of $3,000.00 towards the cost of attending a “Health’ related conference of your choice and approved by the Conference Committee. This prize is sponsored by 4cRisk Occupational Health Services. https://www.qmihsconference.org.au/conference/awards/health-awards/
Invitation to Sponsor
- – Your opportunity to demonstrate your financial support of the Conference through one of the remaining Sponsorship Packages. This page has a link to a list showing which items are available for sponsoring. All the Display Booths have now been allocated. https://www.qmihsconference.org.au/sponsorship-exhibition/
Nominate a Legend – closing on Friday 27 March 2020
The ‘Queensland Mining Industry Health and Safety Conference Legends Award’ has been established to recognise person’s in the Queensland Mining Industry who have made substantial, sustained and significant improvements to health and safety in the Queensland Mining industry.
The successful nominee/s will be invited to attend this year’s Conference to be presented with a mine tag to attach to the Perpetual Award and to receive a trophy. The Conference will cover their registration and accommodation for the duration of the Conference and air travel, if required.
The Legends will receive a lifetime complimentary registration to attend future conferences. Nomination guidelines:
Register to attend – Close of Early-bird is Friday 17 July.
- The Conference details, Registration Form and On-line registration link are now available:
Keynote Presenters in 2020
An impressive line-up of Keynote Presenters has been confirmed as follows:
- Dr Richard Harris SC OAM participant in 2018 Thailand Cave Rescue
- Dr Sean Brady – recently led a review for the Queensland Government into all fatal accidents in Queensland mines and quarries from 2000 to 2019.
- Professor Patrick Hudson – International expert on safety culture
- Christine Nixon APM– first woman in Australia to achieve rank of Chief Commissioner of Police
- Theo Venter – only person known to have survived electrocution by 20,000 volts
- Ludovic Le Cam Executive Head of Safety & Sustainable Development: Bulks, Anglo American
- Hermann Fasching and Peter Newman – Chiefs Inspectors of Mines, DNRM
The details will be advised as soon as possible and will be posted on the Website and also on the Conference Facebook Page. “Queensland Mining Industry Health and Safety Conference” If you have not already done so please visit the page and ‘like/follow’ to keep informed.
Heart of Australia has been selected as the beneficiary from the Informal Dinner Auction held on Monday night and there will be a couple of announcements in regard to some other activities that will help raise funds. Details will be advised shortly.
Please note that there will not be a printed Registration Brochure this year – everything you need can be found on-line via the Conference website – www.qmihsconference.org.au where you will also find downloadable PDF files.
look forward to seeing you at The Star Gold Coast in
Conference Organising Team
Queensland Mining Industry Health and Safety Conference
ACCLAIM Special Events and Meeting Management