Pre conference workshop submissions have now closed.
Pre-conference workshops provide an opportunity to engage participants in the application of theory and practice and to disseminate best practice and innovative pedagogy. The number of workshop slots is limited and will include invited workshops as well as those accepted through the review process. If the program cannot accommodate all suitable proposals for pre-conference workshops, proposers may be offered a shorter time slot in the main conference program.
Workshop submissions must be submitted through the online submission portal no later than midnight on Tuesday 4 October 2022 (AEST).
A workshop submission (maximum 300 words) must be submitted for review. The submission should be submitted as a word document using the HERDSA 2023 workshop submission template. The submission should include the title and describe:
- Aim of the workshop
- Overview of the workshop
- Intended audience
- Context and if applicable reference to literature informing the workshop
- Learning outcomes for participants
- Brief workshop plan including activities to engage participants
The submission will be published in the conference program. If accepted for presentation, you may be asked to make edits to the submission before it is published. Facilitators will also be asked to provide a brief bio.
In addition to the template submission, you must submit a statement (maximum of 200 words) demonstrating the relevance of your topic to research and development in higher education. You will be prompted to enter this as text during the submission process.
Submissions for pre-conference workshops will be reviewed against the following criteria:
- Aim and focus of the workshop
- Plan of activities and engagement
- Intended learning outcomes and contribution to practice
- Clarity and standard of writing
Pre-conference workshops will be allocated 180 minutes of workshop time, with an additional 30 minutes allocated for a refreshment break. It is expected that the presenter will integrate activities, questions and discussion throughout the workshop. A full day workshop may be considered but will depend on space in the program and a strong justification.
- Workshop submissions must be submitted using the HERDSA 2023 workshop submission template and must fit within the space on the template provided.
- Do not change the page margins or any set up features.
- Do not include the facilitator names and affiliations on the submission. (These details will be captured during the online submission process).
- The submission must be one single page only.
- The submission should be typed in 10 point Calibri font (do not use “bold” type)
- All text should be entered in sentence case (do not type in CAPITAL LETTERS)
- Do not include any tables or images in the submission.