This Conference has been held each year since 1989, with a view to providing people interested in health and safety in the coal and minerals sectors of the mining industry with an opportunity to exchange information, network and foster proactive health and safety management techniques.
The Conference will be of interest to:
- CEOs of Mining Industry Companies
- Health and Hygiene Professionals
- Mine Managers and Supervisors
- Government Regulators
- Mine Workers
- Safety and Health Managers
- Safety and Health Representatives
- Safety and Health Professionals
- Suppliers of Safety and Health Products and Services
The format of the Conference program normally runs over three and a half days from Sunday lunch and concludes with the Conference Dinner and Award Presentations on Wednesday evening – the program includes:
- Keynote presentations selected by the Conference Committee
- Concurrent Session presentations selected by the Conference Committee from the Call for Paper Abstracts
- Presentations from the finalists selected from Innovation Award Submissions
- A Facilitated Session on a current industry topic.
Sponsorship and Trade Display opportunities
- An invitation is extended to all sectors of the industry to support the Conference by selecting one of the various Sponsorship packages that suit their profile.
- A trade display is held in conjunction with the Conference, where organisations are invited to promote their products and services to delegates throughout the Conference.
This support goes towards minimising the delegate registration fee and developing an informative program. Any surplus monies remaining from a conference are transferred to a Conference Reserve for financing Mining Industry Health and Safety Initiatives.
Each year a health related, not for profit organisation, is selected to benefit from a live and silent auction held in conjunction with the Informal Dinner.
Four evening functions are held to offer additional networking opportunities for delegates, sponsors and exhibitors.
- Welcome Function on Sunday evening held in the Trade Display area
- Informal Dinner and Charity Auction on Monday evening
- ‘Happy Hour’ in the Trade Display area on Tuesday at the conclusion of sessions
- Conference Dinner and Award Presentations on Wednesday evening